NHK Music festival: Ayako Uehara & Vienna Symphony Orchestra

November 9, 2006
NHK Hall

Conduct: Fabio Luisi

1. Mozart: "The Marriage of Figaro" Overture K.492
2. Mozart: Piano Concerto No.22 K.482
3. Mozart: Symphony No.40 K.550
Encore1; Mozart: "Die Entführung aus dem Serail" Overture K.384
Encore2; Strauss: Pizzicato Polka

1. was most leggiero in which I listened this piece by then. Judging from the opera story, I think this airiness is appropriate.

It was my first time to listen that Ayako played "Mozart". As I had imagined, her piano sound was wonderful and emotional. As if Mozart himself played the tune easily, I felt. Her piano was well-coordinated with the orchestra sound. It felt good.
Her encore was Debussy???

Overall, I was satisfied with this concert.

*The related Japanese article.
http://34402263.at.webry.info/200611/article_7.html

Comments